Former French Mission Building

Posted by J.Y. | 12/19/2008 06:13:00 PM | , , | 0 comments »

Lotek&Petis Antiquities and Monuments Office : "The former French Mission Building on Battery Path, Central, was built in 1917 on the foundation of a previous structure. A chapel is incorporated in the north-west corner with its cupola projecting above the roof. The three-storey building is constructed in granite and red bricks in neo-classical style. It was occupied successively by the Education Department, the Victoria District Court, the Supreme Court, and the Information Services Department. It is now used as the Hong Kong Court of Final Appeal."